SNEW Job Postings
There is currently one job opening at SNEW.
DIRECTOR OF ELECTRIC OPERATIONS
SNEW is seeking a career-oriented individual to be responsible for the complete engineering, operations, maintenance and construction of its electric system, including distribution, substation, and related facilities. The Director of Electric Operations is accountable for electric service performance and quality, and insures that all projects, improvements, processes, systems, procedures, practices and methods conform to industry standards.
The Director of Electric Operations is a vital member of SNEW’s management team, working closely with the General Manager and other Directors to assure the highest level of customer service and competitive rates to its electric customers. The Director sets performance goals and directs the Electric Operations personnel in the achievement of those goals, manages costs, and keeps abreast of technical requirements and developments in the electric distribution industry.
• Bachelor degree in electric engineering (power option preferred) or related field and seven (7) years significant job‐related experience in electric distribution, at least three (3) of which include the supervision of line personnel.
• Master’s degree in engineering, science or business is a plus. Professional Engineering license not required, but also preferred.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of electric distribution systems.
• Track record of managing electric line personnel in a variety of operating conditions.
• Ability to communicate at a variety of organizational levels, in both technical and non-technical modes.
• Available to respond to emergency conditions to restore electric service, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
• Must live, or relocate to, within 45 minutes commute to SNEW’s headquarters in South Norwalk, CT.
SNEW offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefit package. The application is available at South Norwalk Electric and Water, One State Street, Norwalk, CT 06854, by emailing Hr@snew.org or on our Website at www.snew.org. Applications must be submitted by August 29, 2017 for consideration. EOE
SNEW Bid Postings
There are currently no bid postings for SNEW.